My name is Josh Calcanis. I am a senior at the University of Central Florida and a member of the Professional Selling Program. I recently had the opportunity to speak with a few professionals regarding ‘personal development.’ I immediately realized that no matter your age or education, you are constantly learning. So where am I going with this…the plan here is to write on a topic every month that has effected my life and will be a benefit to you! So let’s get started…
“Dreams are for those who do not have the drive and determination to make it their reality.”
After a series of emails relating to personal resilience, I received this quote. An incredible quote, but it was ultimately just a simple group of words that led to a brief moment of inspiration. Although I felt this simple quote had a deeper meaning, I did not fully comprehend what other wisdom could be gained from this quote until Jason Bristol with Millennium Laboratories spoke with our class.
As a class, we had the opportunity to interview with Millennium Laboratories. The interviews evoked a variety of emotions from the entire class, but Jason was surprisingly disconcerted. Not because the class showed emotion in the interviews, but by how little the class fought for something they desired.
Having someone declare that a class, bred to surpass quotas, does not show enough ‘heart’… well, to tell you the truth, it is heartbreaking. Jason had not only humbled the entire class, but also created the opportunity for twenty-four students to develop even further.
So what does this mean to you?
No matter your goals, hopes, or dreams, we all share one common truth. There is always someone amidst the crowd that is working harder than you. With that evident truth, the way to gain the edge on the competition is to develop your hunger to reach your goals. Only then will you rise above the rest and become great in whatever you do! Develop a desire, figure out how you are going to reach it, and go get it!
- J.C.
Love the first post! Looking forward to the book one day,
ReplyDelete"What That Means To You...."