It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.
…I am terrified…
…I am anxious...
…I am excited...
…And I am unbearably eager! These emotions have simultaneously surfaced here in Savannah and have created an unsettling anticipation for the next chapter in my life. College is coming to an end and I am blessed to find myself on the employed side of the world. I have been presented with an opportunity to start a career in a new state with a new territory.
Although I am fearful of the unknown, instead of panicking, I am reacting by focusing on the positive and doing something that scares me…leaving everything I know and love for the unfamiliar land of Georgia.
Of course, the first step was to locate a new apartment. Shortly after my opening romp through Georgia, I realized what it was going to take to move and the risk involved! Yet, with that risk comes the possibility of great reward and success.
With the moving words of a wise friend I am choosing to take the risk… and reap the reward!
So What Does This Mean To You…
The most influential coach and mentor I have ever had the opportunity to work with once shared that you should do something every day that scares you! By following this strategy, you will find that instead of looking back with regret, you will only have great experience’s and life lessons to muse over. It doesn’t matter if it is meeting someone new or skydiving, take the risk and react to the occasion with confidence inspired by your fear!
-J.C.
love it. Do it big.
ReplyDelete