Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor.
Where are the days going?! Only three months ago I was graduating from UCF and preparing for a move to Georgia. All the while, creating the next set of goals in my young career…
…One thing that has drastically changed is my outlook on ‘goals’ though. The long-term goals I had set, such as graduating high school and college, were practical for those situations. Unfortunately, what I have found in the real world is that you are given a goal, in my case a monthly number. For most jobs, you have a goal; the whole reason you were hired by the company of your choice.
What surprised me was how my long-term goals would not suffice. I had to understand why I was in the field doing my job. After I found that broad goal, getting the specimens to the lab, I could create a plan for each call. No matter what office I was walking into I knew what the final goal and what I needed to achieve to get there…
So What Does This Mean To You…
No one is a stranger to ‘goals.’ Everyone creates goals that they strive for each and every day, but sometimes don’t know how to get there! By finding that broad goal, you can work in reverse and find exactly what needs to be achieved to reach that goal. By having those daily goals, you’ll feel much more accomplished every day.
J.C>
No comments:
Post a Comment