The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.
No matter how small or how great the act of kindness, we were always bred to say thank you. Not just verbally, but the rare form of a thank you card! During my tenure as a member of the Professional Selling Program at UCF, writing thank you cards became a weekly (sometimes daily) endeavor. I became so accustomed to writing thank you cards that I continued to do so even after graduation for any account that sat down and spent time with me.
Recently, I received a letter back in the mail because the USPS couldn’t find the mailbox…lucky me! I decided I was going to hand deliver the letter later in the week after I ran my route in the area. That Thursday, I made sure to drop in to the office right before 5:00 P.M. After giving the letter away, and explaining why it was covered with ‘Return to Sender’ stickers, the Office Manager gave me a lead that could really mean some great business for my team.
My Sales rep and I followed up with the lead Friday afternoon, and found that the office manager had called to let the office know we were going to stop by. Not only that, but apparently had only good things to say about us. We did nothing special with this office, but send them a simple thanks and in return we received a personalized invitation to some new business…
What This Means To You…
Thank you cards are not meant to gain new business or get on anyone’s good side. They are meant to show gratitude and sheer appreciation…period. If you are grateful for something why not show it with a simple stamp and a quick personalized ‘thank you.’ Once again it comes full circle… How would you feel after receiving a thank you card? Why not share that pleasant feeling with those around you?
No comments:
Post a Comment